Midweek: going purple in sector 3

My 3rd run in 4 days and it's another 7.5+ kilometre run to give me another purple dot on my running calendar. All 3 runs have been pretty dull this week, but the point has simply been to keep myself in the habit. After today, I'll not get out for another run for a whole week. After that though, holidays are over till Christmas, so I should be able to improve my consistency.


So yeah, pace wasn't a concern today. That said, I still had to remind myself of that on a couple of occasions when I didn't like the pace being reported by Google and was tempted into speeding up. Probably a good job I slowed down again as I was barely able to keep the run going towards the end. It was one of those days where you feel you might accidentally start walking at any moment, unable to maintain the bounce for a jog.

So, after saying pace didn't matter, what was my pace? 😉 5:30/km, over a distance of 8.3km. So again that's about my 10K pace. And for 5K, that would translate to a time of 27:29. Not setting the world alight, but not dreadful. I'd like to think the adrenaline of a parkrun would at least get me under the 27 minute mark. But we'll have to wait until the 2nd September to see whether I manage that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes