Parkrun #18: Leazes Park

Ugh. This was not a good run for me, so let's cut to the chase: my time was 27:38.

That compares pretty unfavourably to both my first run here (26:16) in July and my freedom run here (25:39) in October. Right now, I'm feeling pretty glum about it all. I miss the days when I could aim for a PB every time I went out.

Photo of the birdlife at Leazes Park, courtesy of Saleem Shahid on Flickr

Not sure what else to write today. Weather-wise, it was 10°C and raining constantly, which was actually ok for running. The wet ground did mean that I avoided overtaking people early on, as I didn't want to ruin my new shoes on the muddy grass at the sides of the path.

In contrast to my previous parkrun here, I also started very close to the back of the field, which perhaps says something about my mental state heading into this. It took, by my counting, about 12 seconds to cross the start line.

And I very nearly didn't bother attending at all; I'd had a poor night's sleep and just cancelled my parkrun alarm when it went off. I eventually dragged myself out of bed at 7:55 when one of the girls came to demand breakfast.

None of the above, however, can be used as an excuse. The reality is I'm still not running enough each week (I'd not run at all since the last parkrun) and, frankly, my heart's just not in it at the moment. 😞

And on that sad note, I'll end this post. Till next time... 👋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes