2022 retrospective

I started this year doing no regular exercise at all — even the exercise bike bought in lockdown had become more of a drying rack than a workout machine.

I ended the year, however, having achieved all of the following:

  • Completed Couch to 5K (yay!)
  • Done an 8K urban orienteering event
  • Ran the Race for Life
  • Attended 15 16 parkruns at 12 different locations
  • Finished in the top 50% of men at multiple parkruns
  • Ran 5K in under 25 minutes (albeit on a treadmill)
I'm gonna say this was a pretty good year. 😁


Me, at Carlisle Park parkrun in Morpeth (November 2022)

So, what can I look forward to next year? A few options to consider:
  • Attend 30 parkruns over the course of the year?
  • Attend another 5 new parkrun locations? (Including Bramhall?)
  • Achieve a 25-minute time at a parkrun?
  • Achieve a sub-25-minute time at a parkrun?
  • Do a 10K event (the only 2022 goal I failed to achieve)?
  • Take Daughter the First on the 3K Race for Life?
Some of those definitely feel aspirational rather than realistic, but if 2022 has taught me anything, it's that I can achieve waaaay more than I think. So let's just go with it, yeah? πŸ’ͺ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes