2023 progress after 3 months

Figured it was time to check up on my progress towards my 2023 goals, as stated in the 2022 retrospective.
  • Attend 30 parkruns: on target 🙂
    I've done 8 so far in 3 months and 1 day. I reckon that means I'll do 31 or 32 by the end of the year.
  • Attend 5 new parkrun locations: on target 🙂
    With Windy Nook and Druridge Bay now in the bag, I'm 40% of the way there with just 25% of the year gone.
  • Achieve a time under 26 minutes: needs improvement 😞
    I'm miles away from achieving this at the moment, but hopefully all it will take is more and longer practice runs, plus some interval or negative splits work.
  • Achieve a time under 25 minutes: really needs improvement 😧
  • Do a 10K event: achievable 🙂
    I've done 7.7k on the way into work and that felt fine; all I need to do now is apply myself, sign up for something and dedicate the time.
  • Take the daughter on Race for Life 3K: it's happening 😀
    We're signed up, so this is definitely happening.
So, overall, I'd say it's going pretty well, except for the pace work. Need to put some real effort and commitment in to get myself back to challenging my PB. 💪

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes