Round-up: scraps here and there... but enough

Since last Monday's lunchtime run, it's been a bit uneven in terms of my running. And it's probably not worthy of much discussion, so here's a bullet list:

  • Didn't quite make it 3 Friday mornings in a row that I ran into work, but this time it was only because I was late leaving the house (8:20am) and I had a unusually early meeting to attend. So, while it saved me only about 7 minutes in the end, I caught the bus for the first 3 kilometres of my run into work. Ended up doing about 4.6km in a smidge under 25 minutes, with Matthew Bank thrown in.
  • Saturday saw me miss parkrun out of choice for the first time in a couple of months. Partly down to the prospect of running in the heat, but mainly down to us having other things to do as a family. That afternoon, however, I did jog alongside the kids for a gentle 3K as they rode their bikes around a local loop. And later that evening, I did almost 6km in 31 minutes as the sun went down. So, plenty of action still.
  • Sunday saw more jogging as the kids rode their bikes, doing a little over 3K, but this time at an average pace of 6:15/km rather than the more sedate 7:25/km of the previous day. If they keep on getting faster, I'm going to be shattered trying to keep up... or I'll have to get my bike out too!
Not me, not my route, but you get the idea. This feels like my job for the next 6 weeks.

This week sees the start of the kids' summer holidays too. That probably means I'll be roped into more running alongside them on their bikes, but it also means I'll be in the office more often (except a couple of weeks when the office moves location) and so should find it easier to get my hours in -- and therefore also easier to find the time for lunchtime runs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parkrun #24: Windy Nook

Midweek: Hawksworth, LS5

The 2023 Great North 10K