Training: "Lunch walk," so says Google Fit

While the big toenail on my right foot appears to have had enough of my nonsense and is now just working its notice period, I'm pleased to say the rest of my body is sticking in there and even let me go for a short run today. Maybe it was a slow one, hence Google Fit's damning verdict on my pace, but it was a run nonetheless.

No photos today though and no theme to give me a direction. Actually, that's a lie. The theme was "don't surrender altitude lightly," also known as "avoid going down to the quayside". So I crossed the Tyne Bridge, paused an eternity to cross the A167M traffic, then headed along to and around the Gateshead College area before heading back the same way.

I only really intended to do about 3km or as much as my feet would allow me, but really this was just a test drive of my post-Allendale feet and joints. And everything passed, so I ended up sauntering to 4km. Happy with that; was nice and slow and... well, just nice to be active again. 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes