Training: South Bank 6... errrr... 5K

A proper run at last, but only if your definition of proper means over 5K. And this was only just over 5K. My ennui with the choice of routes from work is probably starting to affect how long I want to run for now. At least, I'm so uninspired that I'm leaving it too late to get a longer run in at lunchtime.


Whatever. This one saw me cross the Tyne Bridge then head along Askew Road, under the Redheugh Bridge and along the Gateshead Riverside 'Park' to Dunston Staiths. And then back down the riverside path and over the Swing Bridge to the Guildhall. Almost every metre was a metre I'd run before. If I'd just got ready 10 minutes earlier I could've caught the X63 and run through Jesmond Dene, which is at least nicer, even if I've done that before too.

With it being primarily flat and net downhill, I tried to push the pace a little, but still only managed... an average of 5:06/km.

Hang on.

That's not actually that bad for me. But still, it was downhill. Every silver lining has to have a cloud in my world, remember? 😉 And I'd intended to run 6km not 5km. But... I'll take it. Just need to make sure I get another run in tomorrow, as there'll be no parkrun this Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes