Junior parkrun: Temple Newsam #1

Another weekend visiting relatives in Leeds meant there was no 5K parkrun for me this weekend, but a less-busy-than-usual schedule did mean that we had time for a junior parkrun. And luckily we tend to stay less than 5 minutes' drive from the Temple Newsam parkrun, which has a junior version.

This was Daughter the First's 21st junior parkrun, which means she's now completed a full marathon distance and will be awarded with a wristband for that at her next run. That'll be a second milestone she's got before me! 😂

Anyway, it was a beautiful day in Leeds, with the sun shining more than you can tell in my photos. The setting was wonderful too, far more attractive than the Town Moor or the Whitley Bay promenade. It was also noticeably more hilly than either of those two, which meant we knew we were heading for a slower than usual time. Still, to come away with a time of 15:01 was actually quite pleasing; better than I'd expected.

More importantly, we both really enjoyed it. I've missed this father-and-daughter time and I really love having it back and seeing her enjoying her exercise, the challenge, and being proud of her achievements. Long may it continue. 🥰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes