Training: Ouseburn and quayside 5K

Parkrun on Saturday followed by a lunchtime run on Monday? It's like old times. Mind, after over a year of writing up every run, I'm running out of things to say it ways to make it interesting, especially for the runs in Newcastle city centre.

Pace of about 5:35/km on average.

Today saw me head along towards Ouseburn for a bit of greenery. Will, it would be green if the trees had any leaves left on them. Passing St Ann's church, I took the bridge over the Ouseburn, passing Hotel du Vin, hooked a left opposite the road that leads to the Free Trade Inn, passed Brinkburn St Brewery and Kiln, up the hill to pass the Cumberland Arms then down into the head of the Ouseburn on the far side of the Byker Bridge.

That climb up the hill half killed me and ensured that my 5K time was no great shakes. Reminded me of the shock and pain of Chopwell Wood. 😄 I'll get back there someday; maybe to do my 50th parkrun, seeing as I did my previous milestone run there.

Anyway, after dropping into the Ouseburn valley itself, it was all mildly downhill or flat from there — past The Cluny, the Tyne Bar, and then back along the river and past the Pitcher & Piano before finishing in front of the quayside Greggs (opportunity missed!). And that was my tour of pubs complete. 😉

Another training time of 27:47 was pretty meh, but at least I got the run in. Just need to keep on doing that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes