I have an orienteering ranking again! 🎉

A week or so back, this popped into my inbox:

"You were 7th in a time of 00:52:51 on the course '2' at the event 'Hexham Urban' organised by Newcastle and Tyneside Orienteers on Sunday 26 November 2023. You were 00:08:51 behind the winner.
Your run scored 1017 ranking points. That is your best ranking score in the last 12 months."

Actually, it's not so much my best ranking score in the last 12 months, it's my ONLY ranking score in the last 12 months. 😂 And I knew that because I checked before the event to see where I'd slumped to, only to find out that I wasn't ranked at all. My previous two ranking scores had expired, which was super disappointing.

Never mind though. Let Sunday 26th November 2022 be the start of a year-long quest to gain a respectable position in the British Orienteering Federation's rankings. I'm under no illusion that it will require a bit of luck regarding my ability to even attend events, but let's go for it anyway. I'm currently in position 247 of 266 for my age and gender, and position 4574 of 5011 overall.

De Jesus — I'm coming for you. (And others.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes