Training: Killingworth Lake

Somewhat late to write about this unremarkable run, but so be it. On Tuesday, I did a pre-work 5K, scraping the edge of Killingworth Village (i.e. the old bit of Killingworth) before getting in a lap and a bit of Killingworth Lake on the way home.

To be honest, my heart wasn't really in it, but I was aiming to make this a 4-run week, chasing the 3-runs-a-week average. It wasn't particularly fast (5:27/km) and once again my body just felt heavy, with each step more of a thud than a bounce.

Later on that day, I noticed that I had a pain in the second toe of my left foot much like the pains I got from running on uneven ground before I got my Brooks shoes. And yet, I was wearing my Brooks shoes and not even running on uneven ground. 🙁

So, that's been enough to put me off trying any more midweek runs this week. I can only assume I'm overdoing it, upping the frequency of 7.5km runs too quickly maybe. But whatever it is, running on it more isn't going to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parkrun #24: Windy Nook

Midweek: Hawksworth, LS5

The 2023 Great North 10K