Still no running, but hopefully back soon

Two weeks now since I injured my toe and while it's still giving occasional sharp pains, the frequency is definitely decreasing. Apart from the ill-advised parkrun after it (which didn't help the recovery) and the odd dash for the bus, I've done no running. On the up side, it's given my knees and my right ankle some much-needed respite as they were all feeling a bit battered but feel back to normal now. Mostly.

There's the chance to return to running this coming weekend, with a parkrun on holiday in the Yorkshire Wolds, but it's not certain at this point. Or rather, I'm not certain. That is, in not certain that doing 5K for a first run back is wise, especially if there's a chance I'll aggravate an injury that's almost healed.

If I do do a parkrun, chances are it'll be at Heslington. It's an interesting sounding location in that it's held at a cycling facility, over 5 (FIVE) laps of a flat training circuit. That might sound a bit boring, but it's not a plain oval and the precise nature of the lap lengths means there's a real opportunity for pacing oneself. Shame I'd be there on a comeback run, really, as otherwise I'd be happy to push it hard, given that.

Mind, even if I were fully fit, a PB here would probably still be hard; looks like the event regularly gets around 500 people attending, which is just nuts. It'd be mayhem. So... if I do go, I'll be happy to hang back, get a slow time and just make sure I don't do anything stupid. Let's see whether I stick to that. 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes