A week off

Given the toe (2nd toe, left foot) is still giving me issues and Saturday's parkrun only made matters worse, I've decided that I don't want to run myself into a gradually worsening injury, so I'm taking a week off. My left knee in particular will thank me for it too, as that leg's starting to feel like it's got all the cushioning of a fence post.

Yeah, it's disappointing and it'll mean my form slides back and I have to build up to 25-minute 5Ks again, but so be it. I thought I'd done really well to avoid any kind of injury since Feb/Mar, but here we are. So, I'll rest for this week and see whether I feel up to a parkrun on Saturday. If not, it seems like an ideal time to volunteer, not least as I'm about to dip under the 10% volunteer ratio that seems the done thing.

And if it takes longer than just one week off to recover, then that's just what it takes. Yeah, the 3-runs-a-week goal will be truly hosed, but I still only need 6 runs before the end of the year to hit my target of 30. That's still on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes