Race for Life 2023 3K

Today, Daughter the First and I ran the Newcastle Race for Life, 3K distance, in honour of my mother-in-law. Sadly, neither I nor the daughter ever got to meet her, but I'm immensely proud of the daughter for having the sensitivity to run in her memory. And not only that, she did it despite having been poorly for the last few weeks and still not over it. I would've been happy for her to walk the whole thing, but in fact, she ran nearly all of it. Very, very proud of her dedication and, to be honest, I was a bit emotional at the end.

Before the start and right at the end. Much more impressed with the daughter's leg lift than mine!

So, another goal for the year has been accomplished. This one, of course, want so much about my own personal development as about bonding and sharing my interest and activity with my daughter. While I obviously had an influence, it wasn't really down to me ultimately, so thank you to the daughter. That's 4 of the original 6 goals for the year ticked off. 💪

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes