Parkrun #24: Windy Nook

YESSSSS! It's not often I come away from a parkrun with a time only just under 28 minutes (to be confirmed) and feel elated, but today is one such day. Finally bit the bullet today and attended Windy Nook, reputed to be one of the hardest parkruns in the area, wi–

Sorry, I'll have to pause this blog post. My time's just come in on SMS and it's a 27:48. Woohoo! 😁

Anyway, as I was saying, Windy Nook is a parkrun with a reputation for being a bit of a killer. So, I was actually more concerned that I'd get a time in the 29's and at least be getting my worst parkrun to date, especially considering I'd been struggling to get under 28:30 during the week. In the end, I was delighted enough to get round without walking, let alone getting under 28 minutes.


Normal attendance is around 30 runners, but Saltwell Harriers descended today

Why Windy Nook? Last night, I was thinking again about doing Carlisle Park in Morpeth. Ever since doing it the first time, I've been concerned that it might not survive long, as it had so few runners (around 60). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Hawksworth, LS5

The 2023 Great North 10K