Midweek: Jesmond Vale again

Another day in the office, another run at lunchtime. After scouring the map for decent green spaces within reach in Gateshead and only coming up with what turned out to be a cemetery, I decided to stick to what I know and head back to Jesmond Vale. This time, I made it a more direct route so that I could get further into it. Looking at the maps for my two forays, however, I'm not sure it's that much of a difference. 😐


Spot the descent into Jesmond Vale (and the climb out again) on the elevation plot

Anyway, I'll keep this one brief. I didn't set out with a specific goal in mind other than to do about 6km again and prepare myself for this weekend's parkrun. I guess the latter meant I wanted to increase the pace a little, to see improvement over my previous 28:35 for 5K, but not so much that I couldn't hack the greater distance.

In the end, while I felt like I was running well, I only just scraped an improvement, reaching 5K after 28:26. I really need to start doing better than that if I want to get back to my best parkrun times.

Speaking of which, next run is likely to be the parkrun on Saturday. Don't know where yet, but it'll be run #24 — not long till that purple t-shirt now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parkrun #24: Windy Nook

Midweek: Hawksworth, LS5

The 2023 Great North 10K