Another alternative parkrun weekend

Writing this almost a week late, but last weekend (18/19 Mar) was another one where I didn't do a regular parkrun, but did get out to two parkrun events.

On the Saturday, I racked up another volunteer credit (unexpectedly) by being a guide runner for a visually impaired colleague who was getting back to doing exercise after having a little boy. This time last year, she was just starting out on a Couch to 5K program and never actually got to complete it, so to start that journey again with a parkrun was amazing. It did mean that we walked most of it, dodging (as best I could) the multitude of puddles and boggy bits on the Rising Sun course, but getting a fast time certainly wasn't my focus (I got a 52:08, which has made my charts on the 5K app a little interesting 😂).


On the Sunday, it was Daughter the First's eleventh junior parkrun, meaning she's now completed a half marathon in total. 👏 That means that she'll be presented with a wristband tomorrow when she does her next run. Proud dad moment incoming!

Since then, it took me till Thursday to get back to running after the previous Wednesday's run to St Peter's Basin. That's too long a gap; I need to step things up, but it's proving hard to find the time at lunch and hard to find the motivation in the evenings. I did spend a bit of time on the bike this week, but still... when I run again, I can feel that I'm losing fitness. If I want to do a 10K soon (and I just missed the deadline for the Blyth 10K 😞), I need to do better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes