Midweek run: same again, please!

I am such a hypocrite. Two identical runs, a mere two days apart. So much for variety.

So what was different this time?

First, I remembered my Brooks trainers. Did they make a difference? Not really, but they were more comfortable, so I guess that's a win.

Second, the weather was worse; a lot worse. With a gale blowing down the Tyne, it was perishing! While I got used to the cold after about 5 minutes, the strength of the wind while running upriver was such that I had to lean into it at times — and that showed in my 2nd kilometre pace. Mind, it felt like I was being carried on the way back. Oh, and it starting tipping it down a few minutes from the end too. Delightful.

Third... actually, there isn't a third. The rest was identical. Same route, same distance, same time (as Monday). So by the time I'm back to parkrun on Saturday, I once again won't have done another 5K, which could bite me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes