Midweek run: The Triangle... again, again

For someone who hates repetition in his runs, I'm really starting to look like a hypocrite. Still, it had been 16 (SIXTEEN) days since my last run, so I was more concerned about just getting back out there than I was about where I went.


It took 16:50 to do 3.11km, giving a pace of 5:25/km

In the end, I elected to do just 3km and adapted the route through The Triangle a little to make sure I crept over that distance target, venturing into the neighbouring housing estate a little. The shorter run was for two reasons, really:
  1. I needed to go and pick up the car from the body shop and was risking being late for a hire car drop-off
  2. I found I was struggling more than usual
The latter reason was around my chest rather than my legs; after the run I was wheezing like the asthmatic I am (or was) but rarely demonstrate. Pushing myself any further felt like a bad idea if I want to have another go at getting to a parkrun this weekend; a fixture that's starting to fade in the memory, it's been so long. 😞

So, that was that. The only other thing of note about this run was that it saw the debut of my new Brooks Adrenaline GTS shoes. Costing about 3× as much as any other pair of trainers I've ever owned, they were... disappointingly normal, if I'm honest. Unless they really help with my foot pains, I can see myself reverting to much more basic shoes in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midweek: Weetslade Colliery fantasy parkrun

Parkrun #25: Chopwell Wood

5 months in with my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 shoes