Walking up Cold Law in the Cheviot Hills
Getting a bit desperate when I have to blog about a short walk in the hills, isn't it? But I've not done a single proper run since the 12th July. That's 6 or 7 weeks ago. Wow. No wonder I was instantly puffed out on the first steep climb today.
Regardless, just wanted to note it here. The walk was about 4km at most and an out-and-back route from a car park in the Harthope Valley straight up Cold Law to its cairn and trig point and then back the way we'd come.
While the ascent was strenuous at times (esp. in its early stages), it was no real bother, but the descent again showed up the weakness of my left knee. Just enough jarring to make it feel like I'd twisted it again and to make me swing a straight leg rather than bend it. Must get doing some wall sits to strengthen everything around it...

Comments
Post a Comment